Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Through the Keyhole



As we prayed this morning, I found myself looking through a giant keyhole, the kind that takes an ancient castle key. I was looking into a room of palatial grandeur. Gilt and carvings; crystal  chandeliers and elaborate ceiling coving. Highly-polished hardwood floors and Persian carpets of colour and intricate design. French mahogany couches and chairs, upholstered in creamy brocades. Porcelain clocks.

Voluptuous beauty, reminding me of Versailles or the Hermitage. Breathtaking. 

Jesus said he goes ahead to prepare a place for us. There was nobody in this extraordinary room. Yet.
Interesting that I was looking through a keyhole. Jesus gave Peter the keys of the kingdom of heaven, going on to give him powers to bind and loosen. Your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. Prayer is the key we all have.

Through the keyhole. The television programme invites viewers to snoop round someone’s home and deduce what sort of person lives there and guess who it might be. 

The room I saw this morning is the room of royalty. We are sons and daughters of the King of Kings. We are invited in.

I don’t think of the prayer picture just as a promise of what is to come, but as an encouragement to step into the Kingdom now and to open the door wide so that others may enter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment