Popular Posts

Sunday 1 May 2016

Whiter than Snow



My 18-month-old granddaughter woke early from her nap and stood in the cot crying for a few minutes before I heard and responded. She had a filthy nappy which had slopped out of the nappy and down her legs to her feet. No wonder she was upset.

After calming her down, I lay her on the bed where she remained quiet as I carefully cleaned off the worst and got the soiled clothes off. Then she needed another comforting hug before we finished the clean-up and dressed her once again in sweet-smelling clothes.

Just thinking what a picture that is of the way we come to Jesus. We are filthy – filthier than we think or like to admit – and unable to clean ourselves up. Even our clothes stink. Jesus washes us clean and dresses us in pristine clothes and we then exude the sweet fragrance of our Lord. 

Flick was grateful and happy. So am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment