Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 October 2017

Footprints of Grace



‘You are the King of Glory; You are the Prince of Peace.’ 

Several years ago I wrote an article, and then a book, encouraging myself and others to be more aware of the answers to prayer which God gives us daily. Sometimes those answers come with an exuberant ‘Yes!’ and we can readily give him praise. Those are the things he does for us. Sometimes those answers don’t seem to come at all, but in fact his answer may be that he is doing something in us, whether or not he does that something for us. And sometimes those answers come through us, without us being particularly aware that we’d even prayed a prayer. That’s when he has touched someone through a word or action on our part, and we have seen it.

‘Angels bow before you, worship and adore...’ Yes, and as I push myself into a heightened awareness of his action in my daily, often uneventful life, I, too, worship and adore.

This is autumn, the season of thankfulness as we see the fruits of our labours ripen and nourish ourselves and others. I’m recommitting myself to being more attentive to just what the Lord is doing in my life: for me, in me, and through me. Because I am sure that I often fail to see his footprints of grace, and therefore fail to give him the glory he deserves.

Hosanna to the King of Kings!

No comments:

Post a Comment