Popular Posts

Sunday 1 October 2017

Seasonal Splendour



Calendar on one side of the laptop. Notepad on the other side, reminding me who I need to contact and why. Life can become  a list of what to do and when to do it, and even when we choose the activities, it can become a bit claustrophobic and confining.

Jesus says that if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. So, much as the ‘be still in the midst’ idea, I need to embrace a busy life with joy and freedom. How can I do that? I know the answer as I ask the question.



Retreat into my prayer window, stop, and stare. Absorb the beauty of the season displayed in front of me...at the moment hay bales lie carelessly scattered across the stubbly field where once there grew a crop of barley. The wind is tickling the drooping branches of the larch, and the trees are beginning to colour up with vibrant shades of russet, orange and yellow. Pheasants peck their way in small flocks across the landscape, while in the blue skies above, swallows and house martins practice their moves before fleeing south. Clouds coloured gradations of grey and white crawl past, driven by the fickle winds.
I lift my eyes to the hills. Life is so beautiful. It is such a gift – every season, every life. The splendour of the King is visible all around me and in my precious life. I am in a season of gratitude, as I should always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment