Popular Posts

Monday 4 January 2021

A new year

 

A new year. More of the same, or significantly different?

There is much in life over which I have no control. If I have taken one truth out of 2020, that is the one pressed down into my thinking. A person makes plans, Scripture says, but God directs their paths. So my plans, this year, focus on one day at a time. They revolve around discerning the differences I can make, and making them. I will eat significantly less meat from now on, continue to source products with the least environmental impact, and join with locals who have similar aims. I will double down on efforts to lobby for justice and freedom issues. I will celebrate each day, enjoying the blessing of being with whoever I’m with each day, while continuing to pray for the day when I can resume freedom of movement to visit all those I love and miss.

May the God of hope fill us all with joy as we continue to put our trust in him. Happy 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment