Popular Posts

Friday 22 January 2021

Vaccine against Infection

 

News from Mom’s residence that dates are fixed now for immunisation. Protection for the vulnerable. I am grateful to God for the clever people who have worked so diligently to develop the variety of vaccines which are becoming available. I am grateful to God that little by little, society can become a safer place to be. The vaccines, I understand, don’t confer 100% immunity, but do give a high percentage of protection and even in cases where Covid does develop, they may be lighter than they would otherwise have been.

I’ve been looking at the letter to the church in Thyatira, written by Jesus through John and recorded in Revelation. It’s made me think about tolerance. It’s made me examine my own thoughts and attitudes and bring them to God, asking him to help me not to conform to the ways of the world but to be transformed by his Spirit. I think this requires constant vigilance and bringing everything to God, in prayer and in his Word.

We are embedded in the world, but we live as foreigners, the Bible says, whose citizenship is in the Kingdom of God. May his Word and his Spirit and the gathered wisdom of the saints in our churches keep us from diluting God’s standards. May his Word and his Spirit be for us a vaccine against infection from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment