Popular Posts

Friday 8 January 2021

Burnished Bronze

Overnight snow sticks to the north-facing sides of trunks and branches, tracing their graceful, sinewy shapes not usually noticed. A sliver of moon hung suspended over the awakening scene as I got up, and then it faded in the burnished bronze of a new dawn.

The feet of Jesus as described in Revelation 1 were like burnished bronze. He walks among us today; he has never left nor forsaken us.

A new dawn, a new day to enjoy nature, worship the creator God, and embrace all the good that life holds. Yes, there is much to concern and appal us in the news, but I choose to focus on God and the good things he calls me to do and say today.

This is the day he’s made; this is the day I’ve got; may I not squander it in fearful imaginings or angry complaints.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment