Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Diamonds

 

A thin white mist whispers over the trees and fields outside my bedroom window. A living room transformed into classroom/playroom during this lock down: prayer space now from a different window, this one looking east towards the weak winter sun rising on the horizon.

Icy droplets on the bare branches look like diamonds as the sun beams towards me.

Don’t despise the day of small things. Life is reduced for us all now, reduced to the walls of our homes, reduced to the people with whom we live.

Diamonds. Time to appreciate each diamond in my life. Time to walk step by step with our Lord. We can’t see what lies ahead, but he can.

‘For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’

His faithfulness never ends. These words are to me today, to you. Hope and a future. The thin white mist whispers his goodness and mercy. May I pause and be refreshed in his presence today. May I harvest diamonds right where I am today, however that looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment