Popular Posts

Wednesday 16 June 2021

Blind Spots

 

Is that snow?

Some sort of flakes were drifting past the kitchen window as we ate breakfast. The weather has dipped significantly, and this is Scotland, after all, but snow? On June 16?

No. Don was sure, and fortunately, he was right. Blossom floating off some of the nearby trees landed softly on the cars.

My understanding of what I see is shaded by the lens through which I am looking today. I’m feeling a little chilly; it’s June and I want to feel hot: good grief, is that snow I see?!!

Jesus stood in front of Pontius Pilate. Jesus, the embodiment of Truth, and yet Pilate asked him, ‘What is truth?’ How blind we can be. How limited our understanding.

May we all put on Holy Spirit specs today, to see our world clearly, without the distortions and blind spots we otherwise all have.

No comments:

Post a Comment