Popular Posts

Monday 28 June 2021

Quirky Pot and Creation

 

On the window ledge of the conservatory sits a quirky hand-made pottery piece. It is a cottage with an old man’s smiling face welcoming all and sundry. When I occasionally wash down the surface, I take great care not to break that very special piece of pottery. Don made it several years ago while we were on holiday in France. The B&B where we stayed had a kiln and residents were invited to use it. Doug and I made some very basic bowls. Mine looked like a series of worms on top of one another. It serves to hold the cotton balls beside the bathroom sink.

Don spent hours in the workshop, creating a wonderfully fanciful cottage. I love the piece, because I love its creator, and so I take extra special care of it.

Bible reading notes I wrote on Creation Care for Bible Reading Fellowship are currently being highlighted on their website, alongside an article I wrote especially for their online presence. You can find it here, as well as a link to the notes over these next two weeks.

https://www.brf.org.uk/grounded-in-hope/

I have a sincere desire to minimise my negative impact on the planet, because I love the creator and don’t want to spoil his handiwork. May we all learn how best to do this, so that the destructive use of our resources may be stemmed and we may work together towards restoration of the diversity and beauty of this world and its resources.

The earth is the Lord’s, and all that is in it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment