Popular Posts

Tuesday 22 June 2021

Plans for Good

 

Plans.

There is a blueprint of the alterations Don is making to the steading behind the house. The plans were drawn up by an experienced architect, and yet once or twice the drawings haven’t been quite right. They haven’t conformed to what is there already, or they haven’t reflected the instructions he was given. He’s had to go back to the drawing board.

This last year has demonstrated the futility of making plans too far in the future.

I’ve started thinking about venturing out again, travelling to see my mother. That involves planning, and I have to say that I am relieved to see that British Airways has become a flexible carrier, allowing changes of plan for whatever reason without incurring a charge.

Having experienced the chaos and heartache of plans made and cancelled, it is good to have that assurance at the back of my mind. Who knows where we’ll be in terms of global pandemic in a few months’ time? I may make plans over these next few days which I then have to go back to the drawing board, for whatever reason.

God says he knows the plans he has for us, plans to give us hope, and a good future. He has known those plans since before time began. He knows where we’ll be with Covid in the autumn.

I pray that as the prison doors of lock down begin to open, we will step forth in confidence and trust, resuming lives that bring glory to God and joy to our hearts.

We walk in faith, relying on him to guide our decisions and inspire our dreams and plans. As I consider dates for going to visit Mom, I pray for his guidance. May he bless and guide each one of us as we begin to make tentative plans again, plans to re-engage with loved ones, to pursue travel dreams or to fulfil business obligations.  

May God bless our plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment