Popular Posts

Friday 4 June 2021

Peace

 

Marianne led us in a series of wellness poses. We engaged our hands and arms in physical expressions of worship, raising arms in praise, then offering to God the concerns that burdened us. As we lowered these to the ground, we were encouraged to pick up God’s blessings for us that day.

My concerns largely focused on my mother. As I laid her before the Lord, I saw with my spiritual eyes a pink rose. Twice I saw that pink rose.

Mhairi asked me later what I thought of when I thought of a pink rose. Peace, I said. Peace, and my Mom, because she used to grow a beautiful pink rose, very fragrant, called Peace. I then googled the meaning of pink roses in the Bible (yes, you can google that!). Peace and gratitude.

What a gift! As I receive that pink rose from our heavenly Father, I sense the peace, and I overflow with gratitude – both to Him, for giving me such a gift, and to Mom, for being who she is.

The Lord is closer than we imagine. He cares about every detail of our lives, and as we invite him in, he transforms them, and us. I continue to receive that pink rose.

And I think I’ll try to find one for my garden. On this beautiful day, peace everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment