Popular Posts

Monday 21 June 2021

Weeds...

 

The dirt was so dry that I could lift out the weed seedlings with ease before drawing earth up the shoulders of the potato plants. I worked along the rows, glad of a mindless task which freed me to think deeper thoughts.

Jesus calls us to follow him, to be his church. He wants us to bear fruit for him, for the kingdom. If we allow weeds of distraction to take root in the soil of our lives, they leach spiritual nutrients from us and inhibit our growth. They stunt the fruit we might otherwise produce.

As I continue to think what it means to rewild my spiritual life, I wonder what weeds of ritual or routine I have allowed to take root in my heart and mind, weeds which stunt my spiritual growth and diminish the fruit God wants to grow in and through me.

Now that it has rained, the earth clings tightly to the roots of the weeds, making it more difficult to extract them without damaging the main plants. May I not hesitate to remove the weeds from my mind, heart and spirit before they become deeply embedded. May I surrender to my Father the gardener and allow him to guide me in this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment