Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 January 2023

Above the Clouds

 

A grey blanket lies heavy on the treetops this morning and the clouds seep dampness below. There is no apparent break in the cloud cover, no hint that above the clouds, the sun blazes as brightly as ever.

January can be a month of seamless grey. It is a month of admin tedium here: different insurances to look at and choose, tax figures to begin gathering in. The Christmas decorations are in the boxes, returned to the attic spaces. Loved ones are preparing to go: this year, further and more permanently than ever.

When I can’t change circumstances, I seek solace and contentment in Jesus. He is always above the cloud cover. His arms are always embracing me, his embrace shielding me, him: the rock on which I stand. His perspective is the one I seek, and I can trust that the light shines in the darkness, and in the gloom, and that light shines brightest in the darkest night.

Praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment