Popular Posts

Monday 30 January 2023

In You

 

Monday and the morning is nearly gone. Our walk was cut short by a slippery stretch of ice which Mary and I decided not to risk. Home earlier than usual, I lingered in the prayer window, thinking about the relationship between faith and work. Scripture says the work of God is to believe in the one he sent: does that imply that faith is hard work? If so, what does that work look like?

I’m unsettled about the arrangements for an important appointment my Mom has tomorrow, as there are problems associated with getting her there. I’ve got a loose plan for the week but already I’m onto a different road map as I tried to reset a p/w for something in the US and I apparently have to call now. I’ve got other admin stuff to do for myself and some pieces of writing due. There’s the genealogy and my hesitancy about joining a website that charges, in case I suddenly have no time to spend on it.

Monday. As I offer up the pot luck of things I am trying to do, Lord, help me to trust that you have them all in hand. Help me to trust and move forward, confident that in you all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment