Popular Posts

Tuesday 31 January 2023

Family Trees

 

I’ve never been one to leap off the high dive into the postage stamp pool far below. I’m the one who creeps into the pool from the edge, wincing with the shock of cold until I recognise it’s best to just launch off the side and fully immerse.

So it’s uncharacteristic for me to have dived into the ancestry glory hole, but I’m eager to find out a bit more about the line stretching back through my German great-grandparents. I’ve suggested a reccy trip to Hamburg in March and can’t progress that until I am sure that there are nuggets of information to be gleaned from such a foray. I’ve given myself a week to make that decision.

I’m finding it both fun and frustrating as I flounder on the website I’ve chosen to join.

Jesus knew his roots. He didn’t dwell in them, but they possibly served as a launchpad confirming his human credentials which set him apart as someone very special. I am so grateful that spiritually I am grafted into his family tree, and in his eyes, I am someone very special.  How amazing is that?

My own tree is pretty full of detail on three of the branches, stretching back centuries. So many of the people there, though, are just names to me.

None of us is just a name to Jesus. He created each of us in our mothers’ wombs and he knows our thoughts and what we are going to say before we even say it. How amazing is that?!

It’s really the only family tree I am passionate about being on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment