Popular Posts

Tuesday 3 January 2023

Would you like to ... ?

 

‘Would you like to paint with me, Gramma?’ Flick asked.

I tossed the dishrag into the sink and joined her at the table. She commented that it was nice I didn’t have anything to do and could paint doilies with her. I explained that I always have loads of things to do, but it’s a matter of assessing which is the priority.

Today, at that moment, she was the priority.

I’m not always that good at assessing priorities. There have been days over this Christmas period when I have gulped a moment or two of quiet time, or missed out altogether – distracted by visitors I love and who are high up on the priority list.

But I remember that God has declared that he should have our first priority.

I fall down on this one pretty often. So I open the new year 2023 with a heartfelt ‘sorry’ to the Lord and Saviour whose birth we have just celebrated. I am so grateful for the gift of Jesus. I am also so grateful for the gift of family.

May God bless us all with a clearer sense of priorities in 2023. May his peace fill us all, despite any storms that are raging. May his joy fill our souls despite the sorrows we are or will experience. May his love direct our actions and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment