Popular Posts

Friday 20 January 2023

Open Invitation

 


It’s a fanciful fairytale castle – maybe the kind from which Rapunzel escaped. Don bought it before I met him so it’s been in our home now for nearly half a century! The bar holding the door snapped years ago and languishes in the pile of things needing fixed, so the invitation is always there: come in.

Volodomyr came in for a coffee this morning after seeing his kids off on the Crathes school transport. We spoke of important things and unimportant things. We shared hopes and fears and moments. We laughed. We were sad.

My To-Do list sat at my new workstation as I indulged the To-Be call.

Mary has made the better choice, Jesus told Martha as she begged him to intervene and tell her sister to get up and do things to help. Better to sit at my feet, he said.

Today may I make the better choice. May my door always resemble the door to the castle, open and, hopefully, inviting. May God take care of the things on the To-Do list which then just don’t get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment