Popular Posts

Tuesday 24 January 2023

Scam?

 

Sleepily, I opened the emails on my phone this morning. From a trusted relative, the subject of his email was ‘scammed attachment’. Alarmed, I didn’t open it, wondering why he would send me something so obviously malicious! When I put on my reading glasses and opened my emails on my laptop later, of course the subject read ‘scanned attachment’. Whew.

I congratulate myself that my eyes are clear enough that I can still read just fine without my glasses. But who am I kidding?

And so with life in general. I remember being taught about putting on ‘Holy Spirit specs’ way back in the day. Without those HS Specs, I don’t see very clearly. I think I understand things but I can be way off track.

Lord, remind me every day, moment by moment, to ponder things in my heart, through the understanding and guidance of Holy Spirit. Keep me from the arrogance of assuming I can see clearly on my own.

Seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly before your God. May that be my motto every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment