Popular Posts

Monday 30 April 2012

Priorities


I woke up this morning with the excitement of knowing I could get through the day without getting into a car. I anticipated getting on with one or two long-term projects which I want to get done so that I can spend some time writing again. I’ve got an idea, and I want to develop it.

But before I knew what was happening, my day was hijacked. I thought that my to-do list was short but once that e-mail box was opened, it seemed to stretch out and take up the entire morning. 

Now lunch is over, nearly time to walk the dog again, and I’ve done nothing that I’d planned to do.

Self-discipline is required. A setting of priorities and a determination to see those priorities through.

‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you.’

Even at my age, God has plans for me. Plans for the future.  Do they include writing? Or is he happy that I spend so much time on other Christian tasks?

I need to be listening more attentively to his voice, so that I can shed any distractions that have fallen upon me, but which are not mine to carry, and I can take up those things which are for me. I need to know God’s plans.

Anyone else have the same challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment