Popular Posts

Thursday 22 June 2017

Challenge



Early morning challenge today. I read Luke 1:45: You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said. Elizabeth said this to Mary, mother of Jesus, while both were expecting special babies promised by the Lord.

It led me to ask myself, where am I disbelieving? What of God’s specific promises to me am I doubting? I was able to identify one which I’ve let slide out of sight, as I’ve sought to avoid disappointment, and one other where I am ‘fearfully believing’ – an oxymoron because there is no fear in faith. And after that I was stuck.

I realised that most of the time I am praying my preferences, or praying open-ended, woolly prayers because I don’t take time to listen to what God’s vision is for whatever the situation or person. 

So today I challenge myself to do less begging on my knees and more listening for the Father to reveal his heart to me, and then stepping forward into the vision with strong and sure prayers and firm faith that God never breaks his promises.

Why should I presume that the Lord of heaven and earth would reveal his heart to me? 

Amos 3:7: Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

May you hear the Lord’s promises to you today, and believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment