Popular Posts

Thursday 22 April 2021

Divine Palette

 

I’ve been painting new plasterboard with a watered-down emulsion paint, to seal it before applying the colour. Some marks and plaster tapes still show through the weak wash, making the job tedious and unsatisfying. After it’s dry, the cover is slightly better, but during the application it looks scrappy and patchy.

I’m thinking about a line from Philemon, where the writer prays that the reader will ‘put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ.’

How well do I understand and experience all the good things I have in Christ, I wonder? Is my life like the plasterboard I’ve been painting, washed with a basic understanding of my faith, but missing colour? Am I vibrant, popping with colour, revealing Jesus through action and conversation? Or …

Painting the sealing coat onto plasterboard, I kept wondering if it was fully covered, or if I needed to go over it again, do more.

The Holy Spirit is our seal; we don’t need to wonder if we can do any more to earn acceptance. We’ve been prepped for the colours God has in mind for us. As we understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ, he uses the infinite colours of his palette to reveal his love and grace to a monochrome world.

No comments:

Post a Comment