Popular Posts

Friday 16 April 2021

Lord You have my heart

 

‘Oh, there’s my nail scissors,’ Don said, picking them off the mattress as he crawled into bed after a day that had its fair share of moments of stress. I burst out laughing.

On day 7 of our gratitude exercise, we were to transform every incipient negative thought into a positive one. We’d awoken to the news that overnight, Prince, the new-cat-on-the-block who moved in with Doug and Joey, had attacked Indy, our little scaredy-cat, and now Indy was nowhere to be found. As we spread out and searched, I sought the positive.

On our way to Aberdeen (yes! For haircuts!), Doug sent a message and picture. Found, cowering in the back of the barn, one back paw obviously injured. We all worked our way through our thoughts of how to prevent this trauma happening again, each of us coming up with different suggestions. We had honest words, loving words, deepening relationships.

This is a big house. We will keep doors shut, and designate outdoor time for one feline at a time. We all want it to work.

Other issues percolated through this film throughout the day, as each of us seeks the way forward. I think I generally managed to turn each issue to a positive. It was an eventful day, beyond just having two appointments to make.

Hence my hilarity. We might have ended the evening at A&E with a pair of nail scissors embedded in a thigh, or worse, but no, that calamity was averted. We sank onto the pillows with a sigh of success.

My God is my rock…my shield…my place of safety. Some days land softer than others, but in all of them, this is the truth. Jesus is there, picking up the pieces, whispering love and encouragement.

Today is a new day, sunny and calm. Thank you, Lord; you have my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment