Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Grace and Mercy

The sun glistened and shimmered on the sea, and this week, the wind had dropped. The clifftop walk from Stonehaven to Dunnottar was not precipitous, but an easy stroll along breathtakingly-beautiful scenery. What a birthday gift! Where Don and I had cautiously gone last week, this week Mhairi, Don and I strode out with a gaggle of other walkers enjoying the hint of spring warmth in that sunshine.

The same scenery but a completely different feel to the day. Both days, we walked the same path, and we walked with God, but the sense of safety differed vastly.

Do not be afraid, God advises. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deut 31:8 This was a word I read in my daily readings yesterday, and one that sustained me years ago when I was a new and very homesick Christian. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Prov 3:5-6

I head into my second three-score-and-ten years, leaning in and hoping to grow in trust and obedience. Grateful to so many well-wishers yesterday who enrich my life; grateful to the Lord who is full of grace and mercy. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment