Popular Posts

Thursday 29 April 2021

Rainbows

 

I gazed gratefully out the prayer window at the dappled sky, while the sun played tag with the rain-heavy clouds. As I watched, a faint rainbow appeared on the horizon, growing fatter, more vibrant as I watched, but not extending further than a third into the arc. Gradually, it disappeared and left a canvas of greys and blues and shades of white.

I am gazing gratefully at the day ahead. There are things in it which shine like a rainbow; there are other things which loom like a deep grey cloud.

God is in them all. Before a prayer is on my lips, he has heard it. He knows the desires of my heart. He is faithful. His rainbow is his reminder, his seal. He is so good.

May there be rainbows in all of our lives today, linking the tears with the joy. In every teardrop, there is a rainbow. His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment