Popular Posts

Monday 12 April 2021

Gratitude

The spring sunshine blazes forth from the blue sky, making the newly fallen snow twinkle and shimmer on the cars and the grass verges. April in Scotland.

It is my 70th birthday and I am feeling overwhelmed with gratitude to God for blessing me with mercy and grace and love, pressed down and overflowing. To be able to head out for a walk with loved ones, feeling strong and able and nursing no pain, is a blessing not everyone has. To be able to count so many friends and family in my life who are so precious and special, who have shown me grace and love and who have walked with me through the good and the bad times, is a blessing I am very aware of and grateful for. To be part of a rich community of believers, to be part of the family of Jesus-followers the world over: does it get any better?

Yes, I am continuing the gratitude exercise but there is no effort in feeling gratitude today. Thank you to all of you who have modelled Jesus to me in so many ways through the years. Thank you to all of you who have helped grow my patience. Thank you to all of you who have opened my eyes to the magic of the creator and the created. Thank you to all of you who have held my hand, hugged me, dried my tears, cried with me, laughed with me and made me laugh.

Blessed beyond measure. May I, in turn, share these myriad blessings, today and every day. Thank you, God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment