Popular Posts

Wednesday 21 April 2021

Neighbours

 

Last time I saw this lady, she was adopting her grandsons, who were 5. In the post-vaccine recovery area yesterday, where we all waited in case we had adverse reactions, all masked and socially distanced, somehow she recognised me. Her grandsons are now 16. We caught up on the eleven years…

Then I noticed another woman, a mum of kids who were at primary school with my younger ones. We shared our experiences of navigating the covid lock-downs. I hadn’t seen her in ten years at least. Along came her brother and sister-in-law, who I know through my sister-in-law. I hadn’t seen them for yonks, as they say. And so it went. A couple of women from church and Bible study groups, from food bank.

A host of Crathes-area 70-year-olds, eager for their second injections so life can open up again. These people are near-neighbours; friends from past days, not seen for years.

Today I am grateful for being settled in this area for so long, being part of the community. I am grateful for so many kind and caring people. I am grateful for the NHS, and their care in ensuring this vaccine would be safe (probably!) for me, given my conditions. I am full of gratitude to the God who is faithful, and so I bring him the burdens on my heart, too, this morning, for situations other friends are enduring. I make my petitions to him, with thanksgiving in anticipation for what he will do.

God is love; he is good and his mercy never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment