Popular Posts

Thursday 15 April 2021

Re engagement

 

Two appointments today, after months of freedom to order my day as I determine. I’ve missed meeting up with people, true enough. But I have enjoyed the freedom of timelessness: today, I’m watching the clock.

As lock-down loosens slightly here in Scotland, I want to take forward a freedom from constructing my day on an artificial scaffolding of time-keeping. I pray that my mind will remain free of constraints, free to engage with God at a micro level. I pray that the peace of Christ might rule in my heart and mind so that as I glance at the clock and get in the car, I go out with joy.

This pandemic has been awful on so many levels. May we not discard the good lessons we’ve learned, though, when we re-engage with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment