Popular Posts

Saturday 12 August 2023

Scrub a Dub

 

I just did a thoroughly Saturday morning job. Scrubbing down the shower. It took me over an hour – yes, it was that gross. As I took the old toothbrush into the dirty grout, I sang praises along with Hillsong on my iPad. A great way to transform a yucky job.

Thinking about how easy it is to ignore the dirt, mould, whatever, that gets into the rather inaccessible corners not only of the shower, but of my life. I am so grateful that Jesus covers me, that his blood cleanses me so thoroughly. Some sins really do get engrained and need repeated and vigorous scrubs. Praise God he doesn’t give up on me.

Probably my shower would be easier to clean if I did it every day. (Life’s too short. I will never do that.) They always say to keep short accounts with God. I’m sure that daily scrubs with him are the way to go, though there always seems to be more dirt lurking, things I hadn’t even suspected were there.

What a Saviour we have. Going into my Saturday afternoon with his praises on my lips, and the smell of bleach on my fingers! (despite the rubber gloves).

No comments:

Post a Comment