Popular Posts

Thursday 10 August 2023

Soft movement

 

I felt a soft movement on the back of my hand. A carpet moth had landed (unfortunately for him…)

Instant squash. I’m afraid I’ve no pity, as various carpets have been chewed, as well as some beautiful sweaters and a pashmina.

I was so surprised that the moth’s body left nothing behind, not even a few flakes of dust. One minute it was there, and the next minute there was no trace.

How different it is for us humans, I thought. Of course, we are just dust, too, and eventually there will be nothing left of these mortal bodies. But while we live, we have opportunities to spend time with God, to engage with him humbly so that we might be transformed by him into bearers of the light of the world. There are shadows in each of our lives, but as the light of Jesus grows stronger in us, the shadows will fade.

God has blessed us all with the gift of life, eternal life beyond the dust. May I never forget what an amazing gift that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment