Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 August 2023

Super Moon

 


What is a super moon? 

We saw it last night, and Google tells me that it’s when a full moon occurs during the moon’s closest point to earth in its orbit. Jamie got this great picture of it shining through a porthole-style window in Glasgow.

I sat in my prayer window this morning, gazing out at the beauty of a waning summer.

‘Where are you, Lord?’ I asked silently, not a cry of despair but a desire for greater revelation.

‘Closer than that,’ I sensed his response.

‘Abide in me and I will abide in you,’ Jesus reminds me. I know this statement to be true. I know where he is.

He is the reinforcing steel within me, enabling me to do more than I could ever do on my own. Sometimes love requires strength beyond what we have, and then the abiding Jesus is revealed most clearly.

The super moon shines brighter than a normal full moon because of its proximity to earth. Jesus’ light shines brighter when a Christian is under pressure, because the self sinks into the arms of Jesus, his presence within, and his beauty is revealed.

I cling to him and his right hand upholds me. Even when our own grip slips, his never does.

What a Saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment