Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 August 2023

Too bright too soon

 

Too bright, too soon, my late father-in-law used to intone seriously if the sky was blue and the sun was out early. Pessimist, I initially thought, until I recognised that he knew the weather in this part of the world far better than I did. A realist.

Well, today his predictions may have been wrong. It was bright early, then the cloud cover drew in but now, I perceive a brightness trying to break through. With our German friends now gone, the washer is busy and the sun and a light breeze would be very helpful!

‘Wisdom is found with the elderly, and with long life comes understanding.’ So the Bible says, and so as the years creep on to my life, I pray that I would say only those things which are wise, that I would understand better the struggles of others, never giving way to hasty judgments or criticisms. That I would be better at reading the signs of the times, and praying into the will of the Father.

And may humility also accompany my years. Many years do not guarantee that my ideas or pronouncements are usually right.

May I live close to the heart of God today, totally surrendered to the life of his son Jesus living within me, living from a place of unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment