Popular Posts

Saturday 19 August 2023

Yellow Weather Warning

 

Yellow weather warning over Aberdeenshire. Heavy rains and flooding predicted. We woke to some precipitation and a medium breeze, and now the sun is out. Incorrect prediction.

Hurricane crawling up Baja California. Predictions that the desert might receive two years’ worth of rain in a few hours. I’ve not heard yet whether or not that proved to be correct.

I’m reading through Job. ‘I know that my Redeemer lives,’ he declares to his friends as he sits amongst the ruins of his life, ‘and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.’

Job didn’t have any technology. He may not have had any theology books – certainly none that told him about Jesus. Yet his prophetic words were spot on. His prediction was sourced in, was based on, God’s goodness.

May I live with the same trust in God, despite anything going on in my life or the world today, that I can declare, even among the ruins, ‘I know that my Redeemer lives and in the end he will stand upon the earth.’

We have such a hope in Jesus, the assurance that though the earth is, and we are, wasting away, one day our bodies will be redeemed and the earth will be re-created and we shall stand in the presence of our Saviour.

We have a truth that needs to be aired more in these dark days. May I speak out this truth every chance I get.

I know that my Redeemer lives and in the end he will stand upon the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment