Popular Posts

Tuesday 15 August 2023

The Lion and the Lamb

 

The lion will lie down with the lamb.

I read a line yesterday, which described Jesus as relaxed. Always relaxed. I haven’t plumbed the depths of that thought yet, but this morning, living on the battlefield of this world, I am drawn to live as Jesus did. Relaxed.

How could he be relaxed, with the religious leaders gunning for him, with cruelties and injustices all around him?

He could be relaxed, because he absolutely believed and knew that one day, the lion will lie down with the lamb. He could be relaxed, because he put in the time on the hills through the night, refreshing and renewing himself in the love of the Father, hearing his word to him, being filled with the Holy Spirit.

Perspective. Focus. Time, resting in His presence.

Lord, help me get my priorities right today, so that nothing that comes my way will cause my boat to rock. Despite any news, global or intimate, I will worship you, trust in you and anticipate that day when the Prince of Peace will reign, the Kingdom will be established fully here on earth as it is in heaven, and the lion will lie down with the lamb.

Maranatha.

No comments:

Post a Comment