Popular Posts

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Letting Go



Today my daughter is in Los Angeles. My eldest son is in India. My youngest son is en route to Australia. My middle son is whizzing around the Central Belt of Scotland. 

The earth is the Lord’s and all that is in it. I am grateful that God has blessed our children with vision, with courage, and with creativity. I am grateful that no matter how far they go, they never go away from his loving presence. I am grateful that love has no geographical limits but can span the globe. 

Psalm 16 says that the boundaries have fallen for me in pleasant places, and I am grateful that even on this most dreich of mornings, with the leaden skies weeping copious tears over a sodden landscape, I can still rejoice that the boundaries for me have fallen in pleasant places.

My family is scattered today, but wherever they are, each is seeking to be in the centre of God’s will. And that centre is where the boundaries are always pleasant. 

Safe travels everyone and as Spike always said, happy landings. You can never go further than my love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment