Popular Posts

Sunday 6 March 2016

Eat, drink and be merry



Eat, drink and be merry

It’s often thought that the Biblical statement to eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die, is a sort of recipe for debauchery and wild living. 

But when I was awake during the night, I thought that it is a recipe for enjoying the moment we have, as every moment we have is a gift from our good Creator God who loves us so much. 

Shifting the focus from self to God is such a key to achieving independence and freedom and peace. It releases me from any implication that my success or otherwise hinges on my own self-belief and instead depends on the God who can do all things. The God who invites us to put all our hope in him because he is always good and always wants the best for us. 

And my faith in this great God also depends on him gifting me with it – which he always wants to do for every one of us. All we have to do is ask. Probably more than once during our lifetime. Like the man said to Jesus, ‘Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.’

Nothing in life – my success, my healing, my wholeness – is about me and my faith but about who my faith is in. It is not about my circumstances but about who has my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment