Popular Posts

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Dawn broke

Dawn broke with a beautiful sunrise this morning, and as I looked out on the landscape, daylight had arrived. Up the road came a couple of cars, with their headlights still on. Automatic lights, sensing the strength of the light and reacting. Though the darkness had lifted and to me it appeared ‘as light as day’, a late October day in northern Scotland is just not that light.

I can assume that the world is lighter than it is. My friends are good people. My family work hard for justice and peace. The news is full of darkness, but my neighbourhood seems light. I can power along in my own lane, with my limited vision. Not a great idea.

This is where I need the automatic light Jesus provides. He is the light of the world. When I travel with him, he shines a light on things I hadn’t noticed, things I might be able to help with in some way.

It’s too easy to belt along assuming that I’m seeing clearly through my own lenses. I really need the light of the world every moment of every day, to avoid being mis-led. May I never forget that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment