Popular Posts

Thursday 15 October 2020

Ever-present Help

 

I lift my eyes to the hills – my help is in the name of the Lord.

The angel gave Mary the most astounding news. When she’d awoken that morning, she did not anticipate what the day held, and when she encountered the angel and heard what God was calling her to be, her acceptance is astonishing. ‘I am the Lord’s servant. May it be to me as you have said.’

What does today hold for me? For you? I know the plans I have; Doug and Joey are moving in with us today, so my plans revolve around that. But beyond that? What are the plans God has? What might transpire during this day?

Whatever it is, may I have the same courage and strength that Mary showed. She didn’t really know what she was being asked. She couldn’t really anticipate what would happen. But she lifted her eyes to the hills and she trusted in the Lord.

He is our ever-present help in time of pandemic, of economic hardship, of political insecurity and upheaval, of separation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment